INTERNATIONALIZATION STRATEGY OF
THE FACULTY OF BUSINESS ECONOMICS AND ENTREPRENEURSHIP
The internationalization of the Faculty rests on its commitment to become the part of international, especially European, educational, and scientific space. The goal of the Faculty for the period from 2015 to 2020 is the continuous transfer and creation of scientific knowledge and professional competences which enable only the affirmation of academic relations with universities/faculties around the world, but also the mobility of teachers, students, researchers and administrative staff.
According to global trends in the field of higher education, regarding increasing multicultural tolerance and knowledge exchange through mobility of teaching, non-teaching staff and students, Faculty of Business Economics and Entrepreneurship defined a new Internationalization Strategy. The strategy defines precise institutional frameworks and activities of its implementation as well as the guidelines for all the sectors involved in international cooperation.
The integration of the educational system of Faculty of Business Economics and Entrepreneurship into the global world trends in the field of internationalization of higher education, and through cooperation with the EU countries, the Western Balkans countries, and Latin America.
Faculty of Business Economics and Entrepreneurship wants to obtain Erasmus Charter through the program Erasmus+ and thereby accelerate their integration into higher education movements of the EU. The goal is to increase the mobility of teachers, students, and teaching staff; to join EU projects and to develop a greater degree of cooperation with universities/faculties in the EU.
Faculty of Business Economics and Entrepreneurship cooperation with the countries of the Western Balkans is a strategic goal because these are the countries that share the same cultural, historical and linguistic heritage in the same region. This cooperation will be conducted in the context of the creation of strategic partnerships, capacity building and strengthening of the existing potentials of Faculty of Business Economics and Entrepreneurship and our partners as well.
The strategy is going to improve scientific and research work of the employees at the Faculty through financing or co-financing projects. Additionally, foreign prominent scientists will improve the work of the teaching staff as well as its students.
In 2020, the Faculty will improve scientific and research capacities through internationalization process that promotes the synergy of all partner universities/faculties, giving a strong contribution to strengthening and improving the reputation of faculties in the country and abroad.
In 2020, the Faculty will be the institution with the highest academic standards that provides students, teachers and researchers with the opportunity to acquire scientific knowledge and skills in accordance with the needs of society and planned regional and national development.
With the help of its resources (material, immaterial and its staff) Faculty of Business Economics and Entrepreneurship will adjust its education system to domestic students and also focus on the education of foreign students in our country. Consequently, Faculty of Business Economics and Entrepreneurship will fulfil not only the demands of global higher education order (based on multiculturalism and digitization of education), but it will also fulfil its social responsibility towards the Republic of Serbia and involve foreign students in the higher education program of our country. Moreover, the Faculty will work actively to increase the mobility of employees and local students to help increase the national level of competitive advantage not only at national level, but also at European and in the global market. Through the mission of the strategy, the Faculty will actively improve scientific and research potentials of its employees, and increase their scientific competences.
The Faculty of Business Economics and Entrepreneurship tends to provide best conditions, mechanisms and procedures that will encourage and support the realization of activities necessary for the process of internationalization.
The main objective of Faculty of Business Economics and Entrepreneurship is to integrate the curriculum into global economic, educational and economic flows through the further development of cooperation with foreign higher education, scientific and economic institutions. The realization of the Internationalization Strategy will be conducted through activities that will be concentrated on four basic aspects: development of educational infrastructure, scientific research potential of professors, internationalization of study programs and strengthening of the activity of mobility of students, teaching, and non-teaching staff, as well as support to promotion of language skills.
- To realize the basic goal of internationalization of Faculty of Business Economics and Entrepreneurship, aiming to increase the number of foreign students, the competencies of teaching and non-teaching staff, as well as the expansion of knowledge and experience of our students who live abroad, through the process of multicultural cooperation and knowledge exchange, it is crucial to establish the infrastructure of the Faculty. The internationalization strategy defines the following activities:
- creating an institutional framework for the implementation of internationalization process through the introduction of the documentation that will enable internationalization process;
- organizing domestic and international conferences;
- planning, organizing, and realization of scientific and economic projects with domestic and foreign partners;
- informing and educating all the staff at the Faculty in order to increase the quality of services and information to foreign students;
- introduction and strengthening of student volunteer services that will help foreign students in our country;
- coordination with foreign partners;
- having insight into data related to competitions for student mobility, teaching and non-teaching staff on the website of the International Department Office, aiming to achieve transparency of all data;
- strengthening the potential of the International Department Office, as the central body for coordinating the activities of the internationalization of the University;
- implementation of information service of the unique records of foreign students at the Faculty, issuing transcripts of assessments and other relevant documentation.
- By setting up the institutional infrastructure, the basis for internationalization and modernization of study programs can be implemented through the following activities:
- introduction of study programs at all three levels of studies in English;
- realization of a part of the study program at all three levels of studies with partner foreign universities;
- organizing lectures of foreign professors at the Faculty, as well as enabling professors from the University to hold classes at foreign universities;
- modernization of methodology of teaching and textbooks.
- In order to increase the number of foreign students and motivation of existing students for studying abroad, the following activities will be conducted:
- creating a list of courses available in English;
- selection and training of volunteer students for solving all issues related to living and studying of foreign students in the Republic of Serbia;
- organizing extracurricular activities to promote mobility programs and connect local and foreign students to integrate better into social and academic life;
- promotion of the work of the International Department Office through different lectures, social networks, and international education fairs.
The new Internationalization Strategy focuses on attracting foreign students, implementing international projects, and continually maintaining relationships with foreign partners, being the pillars of the development strategy of Faculty of Business Economics and Entrepreneurship. Therefore, in order to efficiently fulfil the Internationalization Strategy, all activities will be operated within the International Department Office, which will delegate activities to all other services within the Faculty, whose work is related to international cooperation. Consequently, the activities of the Faculty management are coordinated and directed with the activities of the International Department Office. The management will support further development of internationalization of the Faculty through frequent presence at international trade fairs, conferences, and other international events.
INTERNATIONALIZATION STRATEGY OF THE FACULTY OF BUSINESS ECONOMICS AND ENTREPRENEURSHIP 2015-2020